I can’t tell you how long I’ve waited for this opportunity: I finally got around to baking the most to-die-for muffins and I’m so stoked to be sharing the recipe with you today… So, brace yourselves and get grocery shopping ASAP – you won’t regret these babies, pinky promise!
What you’ll need (12 servings):
- 150g fresh blueberries
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 1-2 mid sized eggs
- 150g brown sugar
- 75ml milk
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 20ml melted butter
- 1 table spoon baking powder
- 1 pack vanilla sugar (the pricy alternative: 1-2 vanilla beans)
- 1 dash of salt
- 1 muffin pan & 12 muffin cups
1. Pre-heat your oven to approx. 180°C.
2. Start off by mixing all the “dry” ingredients, such as flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla sugar and salt. Grab a separate bowl and start whisking together what’s left – milk, oil, butter and eggs.
3. Next, combine the two mixtures by slowly adding and whisking alternately. Carefully, add the blueberries and let the whole story sit for a minute or two.
4. Finally, set your pan with muffin cups (a bit of pan liner or baking paper will work just as fine) and start filling them up 2/3 of the way, with the help of two spoons. Make sure not to overfill them, however, as the dough will rise quite a bit. Use whatever blueberries are left to decorate the top portions.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes (make sure to set your clock to 15 minutes, though, since they might be done quicker than expected) and voilà!
My personal recommendation: Enjoy these babies straight out of the oven, along with a cold glass of milk… Hello, foodgasm!
Take care & read you soon – xoxo,